Steady Progress

The arrival of the Missionary Sisters Servants of the Holy Spirit, known as SSpS Sisters to Indore in the year 1933, gave a new impetus to the school.

Sr. Theodemara was appointed as the first Headmistress of the School. During her tenure the school reached the X standard (1941) with four hundred and fifty students, following the Cambridge System of Education.

The two SSpS Sisters, Sr. Theodemara and Sr. Wildena began to teach in the School from 15th January 1936. They were also entrusted with the Administrative responsibilities.

The SSpS sisters received the autonomy to own and manage the school from the year 1948. Sr. Ann was appointed the first Principal of the school in the same year. During her tenure, the main building was constructed. The late Bishop Simon, the first Bp. Of Indore Diocese, blessed it. During this time the Internal Assessment System was introduced in the school, which is followed even today. The school progressed steadily and in 1954 it reached to inter-college, a two year course after the Xth Examination.

The year 1956 witnessed a major transition. On the 1st of July, the Boys' section with Class VI moved to a separate building near Satprachar Press for effective administration. It was named St. Raphael Boys' section and continued to function under the same administration.

The School introduced the XI Board Examination in 1961. Science and Home Science were the two streams offered to the students. This initiated plans for a new Home Science Wing.

In the year 1962, Sr. Hermalanda took over as the principal. The Home Science Lab was set up under the able guidance of Sr. Baptista. The Home Science Wing was formally blessed and inaugurated on 11th Jan 1964. St. Paul Boys' Hr. Sec. School received its formal recognition as an exclusive boys school in 1963. Everafter, the school is known as St. Raphael's Girls H.S.School. The Girl Guide Unit was launched in 1963 followed by the introduction of the Junior Red Cross in 1964 Junior NCC began in 1965 and the students appeared for the NCC examination.

During the year 1966 "The Bridge" continues bridging the gap between the society and the school till date. The school continued to expand both internally and externally, surging ahead as a prosperous Higher Secondary School.

Download CampusCare App

Use URL : sricampuscare.in